We have a quality selection of indoor blooming and foliage plants. There is something for every gardener that loves to bring the beauty of the outdoors inside and the calm only plants can give to a home.
Here are a few tips for your indoor plants.
- Light – Houseplants have different requirements for light. Make sure you have the right location of sun intensity and duration for your plants. A good tip is to gently clean the leaves with a soft sponge or lightly rinsing them in the shower. Clean leaves allow better absorption of the sun.
- Watering – Different plants require different amounts of water. Our knowledgeable staff can guide you in the proper care and watering of your indoor plants.
- Fertilizing – plants like people need a chance to grow and rest. We can help you decide when it’s time to fertilize and how much. Plants do better with the right amount of food. More is never better.
- Re-potting – A large selection of containers that add elegance and beauty to any home can be found at Sappington Garden Shop. Please remember that while the plant is dormant and resting is not the time to re-pot. If you find a pot you like, simply move the current container into the larger pot until it is time for re-potting. The container should not exceed 2 inches or so larger than the current container.
- Leaf Shine is an excellent way to keep your plants looking healthy. It is easy to use and can be done at your leisure.